Massive online open course or MOOC provided many course in variety fields of study. We can debate to share idea and great for cultural exchange from multicultural students and professional across the world. Knowledge from online courses were collected from credible sources with 73 co-partners of university.
Courses divided in 13 categories are following:
business & management, creative arts & media, health & psychology, history, languages & cultures, law, literature, nature & environment, online& digital, politics & the modern world, science, maths & technology, sport & leisure, teaching & studying.
You can come and join the course at https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/categories
While you using MOOC as your study. What the benefit you will get?
– Learning anytime you want.
– Can repeated studying many time.
– Many fields of study to learn.
– Exchange with ethnically diverse students and professionals from worldwide.
– No pressure in learning (social or surrounding environment).
– Low cost to pay for learning.
– Lack of real experience while studying in the class.
– No interaction with instructors and classmates.
– No exchanging ideas from many nationality of instructors and classmates.
– Need set-up cost (computer or any device that can use to log-in the study on website, internet access for internet connection, installed software are needed).
– Have to have high self motivate to study by yourself (no any pressure of competition in classroom)
Come to my feeling, how I feel after completed my course in the MOOC?
After I completed my Massive online open course ( MOOC ) which I have joined in “Digital Marketing Course” for 3 weeks. It all about how important of digital marketing to our life?, why we need to use it?, and how we apply technology into digital device?
There are many discussion and case study for analytical thinking in this course. This make me to motivate myself to think about how we will solve the problem in the case study. I can learn from many people who participants in this course while they were discussing and sharing their idea of how their thinking about the topic. Interestingly, different people have different point of view. This shows that our attitude toward something, we can look in many sides of it.
Additional, learning in FutureLearn help me a lots to improve in reading skill, analytical thinking skill, writing skill, interpersonal skill, persuasion skill, and interpretation skill. As my English language are not my first language, I can practice it through the discussion in MOOC with friends and other people. It’s like forcing myself to use English as natural communication with others.
Sincerely thank you to all the staffs and instructors who form this FutureLearn website. 🙂 It not easy to build MOOC which provided knowledge from many fields of study, I really to say thank you for your time and your exert to build it for us.
How do you think about MOOC? Is it motivate you more in your study?
1. Southampton University (No date). Courses. [online] Available at: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/categories [Accessed 5 Nov. 2015].
Figure Reference List:
1. BethEnz (2013). Emeril by T-Fal Electric Pressure Cooker Pros & Cons. [online] Available at: http://electric-pressure-cookerreviews.com/emeril-by-t-fal-cy4000001-6-quart-electric-pressure-cooker-review/ [Accessed 5 Nov. 2015].
1. Massive Open Online Courses (No date). Interested in MOOCs?. [online] Available at: http://academicinnovation.wvu.edu/MOOC/ [Accessed 5 Nov. 2015].